Character Art Mentorship
In this month long Mentorship the artist will be mentored on the creation and presentation of high quality, realistic characters for both games and film / cinematics.
We will discuss your current skills and set realistic goals to improve your quality, workflow and knowledge. Character artists are required to have a diverse set of skills and there are many sub-disciplines under the character art umbrella. Therefore, the mentorship will be tailored to what the artist wants to see. We will look at reference collection and blockout modeling, move through different modeling and sculpting techniques for both hard surface and organic surfaces. We will discuss efficient modeling and UV layout techniques that save time. One On One calls will include where to focus your attention in each stage of the process and how to get the most out of each stage. We will cover PBR texturing workflows and how to tailor your textures for your desired rendered such as Marmoset, VRay, Arnold etc.
We will also discuss presentation techniques and how to go about creating eye catching renders. We will look at lighting, shading as well as photographic techniques and how they apply to rendering your models. We will cover post processing techniques to further enhance your renders. At the end of the mentorship the artist will have gained exposure to a variety of industry proven workflows, tools and techniques.
- Duration - 1 Month
- Feedback - One On One Calls + Discord Community
- Skill Level - Beginner To Advanced
- Prerequisites - Some basic knowledge of 3D Modeling, PBR principles, Substance Painter, Photoshop, ZBrush, Mudbox, Marmoset.
- Realistic Character Creation
- High & Low Poly Modeling / Baking Techniques
- Realistic Texturing In Substance Painter | Photoshop
- Highly Optimized Game-Ready Meshes With Efficient UVs
- Marmoset / VRay / Arnold Rendering & Portfolio Presentation
- Zbrush / Mudbox
- Marvelous Desiger
- Photoshop / Substance Painter
- Marmoset Toolbag / VRay / Arnold